Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO285) helps you build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.9 and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 7.5. Openshift DO285 combines the content from Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) and Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280).
Through an introduction to Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Platform, this course helps you understand one of the key tenets of the DevOps movement: continuous integration and continuous deployment. Containers have become a key technology for the configuration and deployment of applications and microservices. Kubernetes is a container orchestration platform that provides foundational services in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, which allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes.
In addition to gaining an understanding of these tools, you will build core administration skills through the installation, configuration, and management of an OpenShift cluster.
- Learn about container, Docker, and OpenShift architecture.
- Create containerized services.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
- Install an OpenShift cluster.
- Configure and manage masters and nodes.
- Secure OpenShift.
- Control access to resources on OpenShift.
- Monitor and collect metrics on OpenShift.
- Deploy applications on OpenShift using source-to-image (S2I).
- Manage storage on OpenShift.
- Developers who want to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- System administrators who want to learn more about OpenShift
- System architects who want to learn more about OpenShift
- Architects and developers who want to install and configure OpenShift
- Have ability to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by the OpenShift Container Platform.
Provision a server using container technology
Manipulate pre-built container images to create and manage containerized services
Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion
Design and code a Dockerfile to build a custom container image
Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images
Install OpenShift and configure the cluster
Describe and explore OpenShift networking concepts
Deploy single container applications on OpenShift Container Platform
Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images on an OpenShift cluster
Execute commands using the command-line interface.
Control access to OpenShift resources
Implement persistent storage
Manipulate resources to manage deployed applications
Install and configure the metrics gathering system.
Manage and monitor OpenShift resources and software